Super weekend2.0

Anything kiteboarding related. Post where/when you're riding, upload pictures to share, share the stoke, links, tips/tricks... you get the idea.
mark@boost
Boost Kiteboarding

Super weekend2.0

Post by mark@boost » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:28 pm

Once again the wind looks good all weekend but more west , we should be at sunset for lesson and kiting, let’s all remember to park on one side of the road ( far side ).cbo

John Ladd
Forum Pro

Re: Super weekend2.0

Post by John Ladd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:31 am

I don’t think that parking on the south side of Road 103 from the lake to Pine Street is really an issue with the cottage owners. The only issue that arose a couple years back was when someone was attempting to launch a boat and had difficulty navigating cars on both sides of the road but with more normal water levels and lack of maintenance the boat launch essentially is nonexistent and an impossibility. I do think parking on both sides of 103 east of Pine Street would be hazardous to traffic flow and especially emergency vehicles. A much greater concern is occupying the entire beach with our equipment especially on hot weekends where there is greater possibility of conflicting with beach goers. I have recently been involved with the municipality of St. Clement‘s particularly the economic development officer and I have also been in conversation with the past president of the sunset beach cottage owners association. I have not spoken with but know the new president and I will follow up and report the findings soon. Happy July long and may the wind force be with you
You can't walk a mile in another mans shoes but you can do a lot of bowling.

Myron
Forum Pro

Post by Myron » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Where to today?
"the best ride... was my last ride." 🏄‍♂️😎🤙

mcdunc
Forum Pro

Post by mcdunc » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:04 am

John Ladd wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:31 am
I don’t think that parking on the south side of Road 103 from the lake to Pine Street is really an issue with the cottage owners. The only issue that arose a couple years back was when someone was attempting to launch a boat and had difficulty navigating cars on both sides of the road but with more normal water levels and lack of maintenance the boat launch essentially is nonexistent and an impossibility. I do think parking on both sides of 103 east of Pine Street would be hazardous to traffic flow and especially emergency vehicles. A much greater concern is occupying the entire beach with our equipment especially on hot weekends where there is greater possibility of conflicting with beach goers. I have recently been involved with the municipality of St. Clement‘s particularly the economic development officer and I have also been in conversation with the past president of the sunset beach cottage owners association. I have not spoken with but know the new president and I will follow up and report the findings soon. Happy July long and may the wind force be with you
I think what John says about our beach use is important. We must roll up our lines, and stack our kites, and remove any that we are not using to try and keep the beach free for the locals to use too.

However, I do think we should continue to park on the North side only since it is something we have agreed on, is not difficult to do, and demonstrates our willingness to "share" the area. High water or low water, there is always someone who wants to put in a seadoo or dump his/her toys off a trailer, and having the road clear to back it in, will be important to them.

mark@boost
Boost Kiteboarding

Post by mark@boost » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am

Looks like another sunset day. A little later in the day.cbo